Home World AMERICAS Arrest Made In Shooting At Sonic Restaurant That Left 2 Dead, 2...

Arrest Made In Shooting At Sonic Restaurant That Left 2 Dead, 2 Wounded


BELLEVUE, Neb. (AP) — Authorities arrested a 23-year-old man in an attack at a Nebraska fast food restaurant in which two people were shot and killed, two were wounded and officers responding to a report of a possible bomb inside a moving truck in the parking lot arrived to find the vehicle on fire.

Roberto Carlos Silva Jr., of Omaha, was booked into Sarpy County jail early Sunday on suspicion of first-degree murder and first-degree arson in Saturday night’s attack at a Sonic Drive-in restaurant in Bellevue, the Omaha World-Herald reported. Silva was being held without bond Sunday before making his initial court appearance.

In a news release early Sunday, Lt. Andy Jashinske said Bellevue police received a call at 9:23 p.m. Saturday about a possible bomb in a U-Haul truck parked outside of the restaurant in the Omaha suburb. A minute later, the call was updated to a possible shooting, he said.



Roberto Carlos Silva, of Omaha, is seen after arrested in connection to an attack at a Nebraska fast food restaurant in which two people were shot and killed and two others wounded.

Officers who arrived found the moving truck burning and four people who had been shot. Two were sent to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for treatment and the other two were declared dead at the scene, Jashinske said. The victims’ names were withheld so that their families could be told first.

Video tweeted by Omaha TV station KETV showed crews battling the truck fire late Saturday. The Omaha Police Department’s bomb squad was at the scene early Sunday to check on a “device,” as a precaution to make sure the area was safe, Jashinske said.

Video obtained by news outlets showed a vehicle on fire in the restaurant's parking lot where four people were shot.



Video obtained by news outlets showed a vehicle on fire in the restaurant’s parking lot where four people were shot.

The attack came days after Silva was arrested outside of the restaurant after allegedly using someone else’s Sonic app account to buy a total of $57 worth of hamburgers and corn dogs in four separate purchases at that location, the World-Herald reported. Silva was released from jail on Thursday after posting 10% of his $1,500 bail. At the time of that arrest, police seized three firearms from Silva, Jashinske said Sunday.

Officials at Sonic’s headquarters in Oklahoma didn’t immediately respond to messages from The Associated Press on Sunday.





Source link

Must Read

Global Law and Business Podcast – Natalie O’Regan (Cannabis in Ireland)

At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do,...

Minitrue: Focus on Henan Flood Recovery; Do Not Report on Celebrity Tax Case or COVID Origins Press Conference

The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body...

OSHA Issues $1 Million In Fines Over Deaths Of 6 Poultry Workers In Georgia

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has issued nearly $1 million in fines against a group of companies following the deaths of six...

China Trademarks: What’s your Chinese Company Name?

Though I recommend foreign companies filing for trademarks in China avoid the Madrid system and...

China Payment Terms: Tricks Of The Trade

Whenever one of our China attorneys is retained to represent a client providing goods or services to China, we start by asking about...