Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #35, we are joined by Dominique Tolbert, owner of TLBRT Hospitality, Mesean Spices, and Global MBA student at George Washington University. We discuss:
- How Dominique’s lifelong passion for food led her down the path of entrepreneurship
- Dominique’s Liberian heritage’s role in sparking her interest in hospitality
- The diverse culinary influences that guide Dominique’s work
- Living in China as a Black woman, and how China reminded Dominique of West Africa
- Dominique’s perspectives on Liberia, its region, and Africa generally
- George Weah, Liberia’s soccer star turned president
- The return of the African Diaspora
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Electoral College votes (such as Florida’s, broadcast on C-SPAN)
We’ll see you next week when we sit down to discuss sustainable health and wellness with Lingling Zhang.
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email globallawbiz [at] harrisbricken [dot] com.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics: