Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #45, we are joined by Kai-Friedrich Niermann, to discuss Germany, the EU, and cannabis. We discuss:
- Germany’s major topics of the day: Covid, climate change, Brexit, and cannabis policy.
- Germany’s role within the EU, including its reluctance to take a leading role, together with Germany’s alliance with France in addressing Poland and Hungary’s rule of law problems.
- Kai’s decision to become a lawyer and transition from general corporate work to cannabis.
- Europe’s booming CBD market and novel food regulations in the EU, together with uneven criminal enforcement.
- The emergence and Kai’s involvement in the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) and the International Cannabis Bar Association (INCBA).
- Germany’s path toward broader cannabis legalization.
- Outside investment in the EU’s cannabis market from Canada, the U.S., Spain, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week when we sit down with Marc Chandler for a provocative conversation about global currencies, foreign exchange, and global economic policies.