Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #39, we are joined by Nadia Lazareva, a senior manager at HSBC in Hong Kong. We discuss:
- Nadia’s path from her native Russia to Hong Kong
- Why learning Mandarin is a great investment
- What working at a large international bank like HSBC is like
- Nadia’s advice to women and girls thinking of a career in banking
- Why there is nothing wrong with saying “I don’t know”
- Finding the right balance between motherhood and work
- What a typical day looks like for a compliance officer at HSBC
- The role of risk in career-building
Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Nadia: My Own Words, by Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Fred: Suspected Chinese spy targeted California politicians (Axios), by Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian and Zach Dorman
- Jonathan: To Stop China’s Imperial Designs, Let It Bleed Itself Dry (The Federalist), by Sumantra Maitra
We’ll see you next week when we sit down with Matt Plavan, CEO of Arcadia Biosciences.