Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #43, we are joined by Nadja Vietz, a partner at Monereo Meyer Abogados dual-hatted as a Harris Bricken attorney, to discuss foreign direct investment (FDI) in Spain. We discuss:
- Why Spain is an attractive destination for investment.
- What constitutes foreign investment under Spanish law, including the treatment of EU, EFTA, and now British investors.
- Spain’s recent restrictions on FDI inflows, and the role of the COVID-19 pandemic and protectionism in the imposition of those restrictions.
- How prior authorization is required for certain investors, including those controlled by foreign governments.
- Which sectors are most affected by the restrictions?
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week when we sit down with Isaac Stone Fish for a provocative conversation about China and other topics.