Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
Yesterday on the Global Law and Business Podcast (hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench), we sped up our ordinary weekly schedule to interview a special guest regarding the fast moving situation in Myanmar.
Robert Walsh joined us for this special edition podcast, Episode #41. Robert is a project manager with nearly two decades of in-country Myanmar experience, first with the U.S. Embassy in Yangon and then as a business consultant throughout Myanmar.
- Robert’s trajectory from Burmese studies in the U.S. military to private sector work in Myanmar as the country’s economy opened up.
- The decline in U.S. engagement with Myanmar under the Trump administration and how it emboldened the Tatmadaw, Myanmar’s military.
- The latest developments following the coup by the Tatmadaw and the accompanying detention of civilian leaders.
- Aung San Suu Kyi and the complexities surrounding both her and how she is viewed both within Myanmar and outside the country.
- The Rohingya issue.
- Myanmar’s prospects for growth in the face of Tatmadaw intervention in the economy.
We also discussed reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week when we sit down with David Knapp from Ornavera to discuss technological developments in global agriculture.