Cards at the ready, shoppers: the Black Friday 2020 sales are live, kicking, and selling out of the best deals of the decade rather quickly.
The event officially started on Friday, but this year retailers were way ahead of the curve, with some offering discounts as early as last week.
In true Black Friday tradition, there are deals for just about everything you could be saving up for; mobile phones, washing machines, headphones, holidays, and all the Christmas gifts you might want to treat yourself (or others) to this year.
But unlike previous years, this year’s sales are entirely online – thanks to the second lockdown, which has closed all ‘non-essential’ shops for the rest of the month.
As always, The Telegraph has not only handpicked the highlights from an immense and ever-increasing selection of Black Friday retailers, but we will keep this page updated with the best bargains over the Cyber Weekend.
The following, therefore, is our guide on how to find the best Black Friday 2020 deals:
Where to find the best Black Friday deals
- Amazon’s Black Friday extravaganza, which has been so successful for the company that it single-handedly pushed CEO Jeff Bezos’ net worth past $100 billion in 2017, heavily promotes and discounts its own-brand products. Think virtual assistants, virtual books, and virtually anything else that falls under ‘tech’.
- TVs are a Black Friday staple and, as their back-end technology gets more and more advanced, OLED screens and last-gen models are much more affordable during this shopping weekend.
- Apple is not known for discounting its famous products on Black Friday. However it’s not all bad news – many mobile network providers are offering sim-free iPhone and iPad deals, in addition to heavily reduced monthly plans.
- Clothing retailers typically prefer store- and site-wide discounts (often around 20 per cent for high street brands and 10 per cent for designers) to individual deals. This does, however, make them one of the only places to find great deals on a shop’s ‘extras’, like accessories, homeware, and gadgets that make for brilliant stocking stuffers.
- PS4 and Xbox One ‘bundles’ (which include a console and a few discounted games) are available everywhere game consoles are sold. The new PS5 less so, but there’s still time for a few retailers to knock a little bit off its RRP.
- As part of an effort to expand their audience beyond second-hand lovers, eBay hosts a range of exclusive Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. In recent years, they have been especially generous with home appliance discounts.
- Photographers both budding and professional are likely to save hundreds of pounds on camera equipment and compacts. Most great tech retailers are discounting one or two hero products in each category.
- Both John Lewis and Currys PC World price-match many of their competitors’ best deals, making Currys an easy one-stop-shop for tech deals and John Lewis a worthwhile destination for higher-end products.
- See our guide on the best Sky deals for 2020
Best Black Friday 2020 deals
1. Oral-B Genius 9000 Toothbrush
Was £299.99, now £77.99, Amazon