Take the mozzarella out of the fridge in advance of making this sandwich. You will need a good, ripe, juicy fig.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 55g mozzarella
- 40g Gorgonzola
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 ripe fig
- 2 tsp runny honey
- a few lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- olive oil, for brushing
- Slice the mozzarella and break the Gorgonzola into chunks. Lay both cheeses on one of the slices of bread. Slice the fig and arrange that on top, drizzle the honey over and sprinkle on the walnuts. Season.
- Top with the second slice of bread and brush both sides of the sandwich with olive oil.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the sandwich over a medium heat on one side for three minutes or so, then turn over and cook the other side for two minutes, pressing the sandwich down hard with a plate from time to time as you’re cooking.
- Be careful not to let the sandwich get too dark on the outside before the cheese has melted inside.